Monday, February 7, 2011

Thanksgiving in Texas


Mammaw and Carson


Poppy and Carson


Look at all those toys.


I don't like the bathtub and why is my cousin staring at me?


Silly Hunter and Cade.


Gigi and all her grandkids...Cade-7, Hunter-6, Halle-5, Reagan-4, Beckett-2, and
Carson-10 months

Brittany holding Carson for the first time.


The four cousins...Stephanie, Melissa, Brittany and Shannon


The two older ones! Brittany and I.


Brittany and Reagan


All the little cousins playing a game before bed.


Both Linda and Nancy's side of the family.


Gigi's girls and their kids.

I got a phone call the week before Thanksgiving that my cousin Brittany, who has been fighting cancer for 4 years was not doing well and they weren't sure how much more time she had left. I took Hunter out of school and hopped in the car with all three kids and started my long drive from Kentucky to Texas. It was a great trip, the kids were happy and the drive was safe and easy. By the time I arrived in Austin, the news had drastically changed from all of her tumors bleeding to....everything has stopped. It was quite the miracle. So what I thought was going to be a difficult reunion ended up being the best Thanksgiving we all could have! Thank you Lord for your small blessings!!!!

No comments: